Friday, September 23, 2011

And now, I have a blog.

This post is more of a test than anything, but in spite of that, I will outline my intentions of having blog as if I will continue blogging.



So why do I have a blog?
Pretty much to see if I can gain an audience of any kind, and to see what kind of audience it is.  I'll be honest and say, "I don't get out much," and that this is my way of trying to get "out".  In like…a metaphorical/digital means.  I don't get to really talk about what I like to talk about 'cuz I don't find people who I believe will want to talk about it with me.  So now, I will talk about it, and maybe find others like me.

My other reason for this blog is to also provide a behind-the-scenes look at the stuff I produce.  I am a composer and I will release albums that I hope people will listen to.  I would like to have a connection with my audience (and vise-versa).  I know that not many know about me and what I really like to do and think about, so this is a solid way to show folks who I am.  I'm a bit of geek, but I'm sure I'm among others.

What will be in this blog?
Any and everything that I feel can be discussed that expresses my interests, discoveries, thoughts, etc. while excluding that of the personal nature (unless it's major and effects me major-ly).  Having said that, expect me to ramble about audio, composing, playing a certain instrument, or just something else I'm busy/frustrated/good/bored/etc. with.  And don't expect me to be formal.  I may be, somewhat, what some may call a "grammar nazi" (just a non-obtrusive one), but I'll still drop a few g's and write strictly as I'd say it when I feel like it.

So what am I thinking now?
Nothing.  Nothing at all.

Just kidding.  Actually, other than starting feeling good about starting a blog, I'm actually proud of my image I'm using here.  I just made it (had to use a lamp for additional lighting, and then I used Gimp to add the letters and blur and brighten and…you get the idea).  I don't call myself much of a designer, but when I need it, I'm always up for coming up with something somewhat professional.  One day I could consider it one of my skills.  But for now, it's just for fun (except for my album art which I also do).  Here's the pic (btw), up close since it got shrunk down…

Let's see…

My EP is getting wrapped up as of now, so I'm stoked about that.  After that's put out, it's onto orchestral goodness.  I've got a lot planned for when I aquire Notion3 SLE along with GPO4 to create film-grade scores with printable sheet music (with dreams to have them played someday!).  If you've listened to my other works, you may have noticed I'm prone to adding strings, choirs, or piano for some dramatic effect or something (venture my soundcloud, you'll find an example).  I have composed orchestral pieces before, but now I'm serious.  Like, Beethoven serious…
Now that's a game face for a composer.  I hear this guy was no "nice guy" either.  If this guy wore a wig, it would've fallen off plenty of times.  Just sayin'.

Anyways back on topic…whatever it was…um…

Ah well, I'll just wrap it up right here.  I'll see if I can keep blogging at least once a week.  That could change of course, but it's a start.

Keep your ears open, as well your mind.

~kpmuzik

No comments:

Post a Comment