Friday, November 4, 2011

Goodness, where have you been?!

Who?  Me?  Dude, I'm right here…

Okay jokes aside, yeah I've been silent for a period of time but I have a perfectly good explanation for it.  Ready for it?  Good.  'Cuz here it is:

The EP.

Yep.  My next album is currently complete for the most part.  The track list is being put together, and last minute editing is being done to the songs themselves.  However, that alone isn't all that's stretching this unintended lull in production.


You see, this EP represents my first true release as an artist/composer/producer.  I'm taking this one much more seriously as a result.  This will also mean good news for you as listeners.  This album will be published online to appear in e-stores like CD-Baby, Amazon and iTunes.  Additionally, I am willing to invest in album printing if this does well, meaning that you would be able to order physical copies of the album (that are not burned from my personal CD-drive).  If you haven't already presumed, this is my first time doing this with anything, so bear with me as I take my time understanding everything and setting up everything.  It's worth it, I assure you.

Once this album is done, I will advance to sheet music!  This means orchestral music (hopefully to cinematic quality) that will also be distributed as sheet music.  I've done lots of sheet music before, so this is nothing new.  Writing at this level of sheet music is new though.  I'm hoping to appeal to college scholarships ($$$) and potential gigs as composer for video-games and short films (the gigs part is one of my dreams, so I don't expect to get this right away just so you know).  Meanwhile, I'll be catering to my album to promote and distribute it while experimenting in electronic music (which I do from time to time anyways).  Will I release an album of electronic music?  It's likely.  Though chances are I won't charge for it and give it the 'ol Creative Commons license.  You'll notice that I already do that if you take a look at what's downloadable on my Soundcloud.

As I may have mentioned before, to pull off sheet music I'll be investing in the program called Notion3 in conjunction with GPO4 for great sheet music and stellar sounds.  There are more expensive alternatives (much more expensive!), but some aren't worth it in my opinion and others, though of higher quality and flexibility, are above me in price and requirements (as in, I don't need all that quite yet).  I've tried the demo for Notion3 and I'm liking it.  And the GPO4 samples are much better than what I have already.  The sound I admire (if you're curious) is that of the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Platinum version and up; I want those mic positions) which are also compatible with Notion3, but if you venture that link long enough, you'll find that price tag.  I'm not there yet.  (EDIT: And wait a sec, I need to buy a $50 iLok2?  I don't even like iLok!  That's a possible deal-breaker.)  I know I've spent good money on equipment already, but um, I currently don't have a job for various personal reasons.  So um, buy my album when it comes out! :D

That is all for now.  No wait: there is just one more thing however that I'm not going to announce until it's established.  Until then, you can just sit there on the edge of your seat.  I won't let you fall off.  I promise.

Keep your ears and eyes open, as well your mind.

~kpmuzik

No comments:

Post a Comment