Thursday, December 1, 2011

C'mon...any day now...

That's what I'm telling myself.  That's what I feel some folk are thinking.  As of this very day I touched up the last track that needs to be touched up.  If all goes well, that should finish the album, then I can post to CDBaby which will eventually distribute to the other online stores.

Maybe I can get a release within the next week.


I mentioned a secret or something at the end my previous post.  Turns out it may need to remain a mystery for a bit longer than anticipated.  So sit back and enjoy the album and forget I said anything.  What?  It'll just be more of a surprise later. ;-)

Finally I'll mention that I changed my mind about GPO4.  Yeah, I'm getting an iLok.  Look, I didn't wanna do it, but here's the deal: the Gold version of the EWQL Symphonic orchestra omits the other mic positions (something I thought I'd want) yet has all of the articulations.  That means I still get all the sounds.  Turns out the other mic positions are a bit overkill in my opinion, blowing up the hard drive space needed while requiring gobs of CPU just to play overlapped instruments (i.e., a single french horn note would trigger 3 voices, one for each mic position simultaneously).  The Gold version is only 33GB (versus the Platinum's >100GB) and is just about half the price.  Not as cheap as GPO4, but suddenly it's within reach.  Being that Notion3 supports this library as well, it's almost a given that if it's not GPO4, it's the Symphonic Orchestra.

Now I need a job.  I'm looking for one as we speak.  Just something to get a fair income for a bit as I establish myself.  I'm almost done with my associate's degree (finally) and I'm down to my last week of school (next week).  Then next spring I should graduate then look to moving on to a four-year college for my bachelor's (in computer science and something else…probably music composition or the like).  Wish me luck that my credits transfer as they should, lol.

Well I think that's it for now.  My next post should be about the release.  Here's to no more hurdles!

Keep your ears and eyes open, as well your mind.

~kpmuzik

No comments:

Post a Comment